Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Weblogs, Wikis and Podcasts - Oh My!

this is an audio post - click to play

This audio blog was posted using audioblogger from my cell phone for Conn & Anne!
You can accomplish the same thing using Odeo.

Here's the Script from the Audio Blog above:
This is Glenn Malone from PepTechTalk and today's audio post is meant for the
21 teachers that signed up for a class with Conn McQuinn & Anne Allen at PSESD titled:

Weblogs Wikis and Podcasts - Oh, My!

Oh My is right.

I want to take this opportunity to point you to 3 wiki's that I've been using lately 2 of which I've used to work on a couple of regional and national projects.

The first is Writely.com, in fact Writely is so good it was recently purchased by Google. I used Writely to put together the geocaching documents we used for this year's NCCE conference. It's simple and free!

The second Wiki is Wikispaces. Wikispaces is another free wiki hosting website. Sonny Portacio, a tech director and podcaster from San Diego, and I have been working on coordinating a geocaching event for the NECC conference coming this July. This wiki has allowed us to edit and publish multiple documents together online. You should also take a look at his weekly podcast on geocaching at Podcacher.com

Finally the best wiki I've seen this week was started by Darren Kuropatwa using the peanut butter wiki. He calls it Whiplash. It's an amazing way to look at Web 2.0 technologies using wiki's for staff development. In fact, it's given me some great Ideas for a Keynote I'm going to be presenting at PSESD in May.

Enjoy your day and be sure to add PepTechTalk to your bloglines aggregator for my daily tech tip and leave me a comment telling me how you plan to use what you learn today.

7 Comments:

  • Hi Glenn, Thanks for taking the time to help out our class. I'm fascinating by your blog and will look at it in greater depth when Conn isn't cracking the whip. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 AM  

  • Great introduction, Glenn. Thanks for setting this up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 AM  

  • Glenn..this is a jaw dropping experience for me. Thanks for welcoming us this morning to Con and Anne's class and to this world wide adventure...Cathy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 AM  

  • Thanks Glenn. Your enthusiasm is contagious.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 AM  

  • Nicejob with the podcast. Thanks for a great example!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 AM  

  • Thanks for the enthusiastic welcome to our workshop!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 AM  

  • Yours is only the second podcast I've ever listened to. Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.