Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Top Ten Books of 2005

My Top Books of 2005
(some are not new)

10 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
C.S. Lewis
I had to reread this one before I saw the movie.

9 The Five Regions of the Future
Joel Barker
Saw Joel in Philly, very interesting look at the future.

8 God is Closer Than You Think
John Ortberg
God is really closer than you think.

7 Why Men Hate Going to Church
David Murrow
Pastor Lance did a sermon series on this book, makes a lot of sense.

6 Blink
Malcolm Gladwell
Saw Malcolm in New Orleans, I knew I'd like the book immediately.

5 Blue Like Jazz
Donald Miller
Nonreligious thoughts on Christian spirituality.

4 A Whole New Mind
Daniel Pink
Hope for my lacking art skills.

3 How to Read the Bible for all it’s Worth
Gordon D. Fee & Douglas Stuart
I taught a class on this book at church, changed the way I read the Bible.

2 The Da Vinci Code
Dan Brown
I know I’m late on this one, but if you haven’t read it you’ll want to before the movie.

1 The World is Flat
Thomas Friedman
I have a regular reader of this blog from India…The world really is flat!

What books do you recommend I read in 2006?

1 Comments:

  • I like your list of books. Most all of them would be on my list as well.
    Lance

    By Blogger Pastor Lance, at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.