Thursday, December 29, 2005

Top Ten Games of 2005

Top Ten Games
(As ranked by my son)

10 Midnight Club 3


9 Age of Empires 3


8 Fight Night Round 2


7 Battlefront 2


6 Need for Speed Most Wanted


5 World of Warcraft


4 Call of Duty 2


3 Madden 06


2 Halo


1 Halo 2


My son Craig is a 19 year old, big time gamer. He has an Xbox 360, 2 Xboxes, & an Alienware gaming computer. He games on Xbox Live daily and I’m amazed at the number of people, of all ages, online, from all over the world, at all hours of the day.


He's a member of a clan and checks his stats on Bungie online regularly.
Communication is a must, they send text messages and game invites through the system. Gamers use headsets to send voice messages or even talk live to their friends and foes. Multi-tasking is required for victory. The only motivation is to win so they can level up, earn virtual medals or gamer points. Their language is typically brash and raunchy and the content is usually brutal and vicious.

Hey Marc Prensky, how do we channel this enthusiasm for gaming for good?

2 Comments:

  • While not a gamer myself, I decided this week to pick up a copy of World of Warcraft to get a first hand idea of what's going on. Incredible.

    I'm interested in how many adults are playing within these mmorpgs. Liz Lawley at http://www.mamamusings.com (as well as a number of other librarians) got me interested in what this gaming world has for libraries (and learning). Once I get a few minutes I plan to start telling my story over at http://pedersondesigns.com.

    Need to get back in an level up right now though. :O)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

  • where the hell is final fantasy?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.