Friday, February 17, 2006

How Much do You Make?

This week Laurie & Leska pointed me to the recently released Zillow website which gives you details about the value of your home. It's amazing what you can find on line with public information.Kind of reminds me of the work of Louis Bloom a 56 year old septic system installer on Camano Island he put together an impressive collection of Washington State government salaries, including every teacher, principal and superintendent in the State of Washington.

It's interesting to compare the difference between College Football Coaches and a College Chancellor.
KEITH GILBERTSON
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
$35,700 a month

WILLIAM DOBA
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
$25,312.51 a month

STEVEN R WALL
PIERCE COLLEGE CHANCELLOR
$150,000 a year

Bloom even collected the 2005 Assessed Property Values
from King County including:

WILLIAM H GATES III
2365 CARILLON POINT
KIRKLAND, WA
Land Value $ 16,725,000
House Value $108,394,000
I found my salary, my wife's and in Zillow I found the details on our house.

Feels weird snooping in other people's business and my first thought was; you can't put that on the web, but it didn't stop me from snooping around.

Can you find your house value and your salary (Washinton State only)?
How about your neighbor's?

2 Comments:

  • Okay, Glenn, I just wasted way too much time doing this. It was interesting--especially the house information. I had no idea our place was worth that much. And we have actually mad a bunch of improvements so I spent itme putting that in to see how it affected that value.
    Thanks for the link!
    What class were teaching yesterday?

    Lori

    By Blogger Lori, at 2:20 PM  

  • I've looked at "zillow" a few times, they sometimes are right on but other time way off. Depends on if folks got a building permit or not I suppose or if the assessor has taken a close look latley.

    By Blogger Mountain Mule, at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.