Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hey Conn & Crew & PSESD!

Today is my Dad's b-day...he was born on this date in 1941...but that's not the reason for this post.

It's also the day that Conn McQuinn is leading a discussion on Weblogging in Education with Tech directors and coordinators in the Puget Sound Region.

I hope he will introduce 3 of my favorite blog tools:

Blogger - Simple & easy way to create content on the web and have people respond. This blog is written in Blogger.

Technorati - Simple blog search engine to find out what people are talking about in the blogosphere.

Bloglines - My feed reader(RSS aggregator) of choice. It delivers content to me. I'm currently tracking 337 feeds...that's too many, start with much fewer.

I think he'll even show a bit of audio blogging using Odeo.

this is an audio post - click to play

Once you get started it's fun to watch who's reading your site by adding a Stat Counter.
For instance my last 100 readers have come from New Zealand, The Russian Federation, Germany, The United Kingdom, Belgium, Australia, the Phillipines and Canada.

WOW I guess the world really is flat.

Hey, why don't you practice by leaving a comment!

6 Comments:

  • Hey Glenn,

    I'm poking into Conn's forum over K-20 video. Thanks for offering a great example of blogging. Your's is one of the best around.

    BTW... I laid a cache for my son's Boy Scout Troop.

    BSA Troop 1506 Patch Cache (GCRT7V)

    Jeff Allen

    By Blogger Jeff Allen, at 10:00 AM  

  • Great audiocast Glenn! Terrific quality from your Treo.
    Teresa Stover is here too. Wish you were here.

    By Blogger Betsy Fletcher, at 10:01 AM  

  • Hi Glenn,
    Wish you were here! Betsy and Jeremy are here -- it's so good to meet them in person.
    This is officially my first blog comment. Will I catch the bug??
    Cheers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 AM  

  • Glenn,
    It isn't bad enough that you got Jim Geise going on a bunch of new projects in our online learning program, but now I will have to share this with him. I WILL have to run to keep up now.
    Mark Westerfield

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 AM  

  • Hello Glenn,
    My name is Pam Jeter and I work for the White River School District as a Technology Supervisor. I am at the ESD learning about Blogs and thought I would leave a comment for you.
    I thought you did a great job handling the comment from "anonymous". I liked how you used this entry to open a conversation with other visitors. This is a fear of many staff who would like to use this type of tool.
    I will visit again soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 AM  

  • Glenn, thanks for your "custom" post for us today! We had a very interesting discussion about all of this, and it will lead to many more, I'm sure.

    Our next class is on March 22nd - we'll bring 'em all here!

    Conn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.