Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wayfaring Wednesday

If you've been following along this week you know that we've been taking a daily virtual field trip to Pioneer Park in Downtown Puyallup right outside our district office.

Wayfaring is today's site integrating Google maps, GPSr & camera. This was the most time consuming production of the three I've used so far, but the end result does look better.

With Wayfaring I used Flickr badges to post the images which is little more cumbersome and will require a little more skill and patience on your part. They also have the ability to post in the typical upload fashion which in hindsight was definiately a better option.

Which one do you like so far....

Joemap, Flagr or Wayfaring?

3 Comments:

  • I liked the navigation of JoeMap, but found the interface too busy and distracting(especially the opening window). I liked the nice, clean interface of Flagr, but didn't like the fact that the default view on the map was zoomed so far out that I couldn't separate the pointers. Wayfaring has promise, but got buggy with my Firefox browser, opening Flickr when I just was trying to view the comments on the map, and opening the wrong pictures when I clicked on the waypoints.

    Lots fun, Glenn!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 AM  

  • Thanks Conn...The Flickr issue is user error on my part. The rest reflect my first impressions as well.

    This could be another good reason for you to include me in the planning of this year's Digital Photo Boot Camp!

    By Blogger Dr. Glenn E. Malone, at 9:12 AM  

  • Flagr is pretty sweet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.